THE DAILY GRIND(HOUSE)
...We just cut up our girlfriend with a chainsaw. Does that sound "fine"?
Friday, January 23, 2009
I finally watched TGP on DVD. I've been waiting for a while to see this and was excited since its directed by Yoshihiro Nishimura. (Make up effects for "The Machine Girl") I wasn't let down. I think he has a future in J-Splatter films and hopefully he continues to make more.

The plot is crazy even for Japanese cinema standards: Set in a future-world vision of Tokyo where the police have been privatized and bitter self-mutilation is so casual that advertising is often specially geared to the "cutter" demographic, this is the story of samurai-sword-wielding Ruka and her mission to avenge her father's assassination. Ruka is a cop from a squad who's mission is to destroy homicidal mutant humans known as "engineers" possessing the ability to transform any injury to a weapon in and of itself.The flick is influenced by the low budget Herschell Gordon Lewis films of the 60's and 80's David Cronenberg films. One can definitely say there's a bit of Paul Verhoeven's Robocop in there. Along with the obvious influences from its own Japanese culture such as Yokai Monsters. The gore factor gives Peter Jackson's Dead Alive a run for its money. That combo alone should let you know this is some wacked out shit!I'm a big fan of Eihi Shiina from "Audition" fame. She kicks ass and is cool doing it. Nuff said.Normally I like to watch foreign films subtitled not dubbed. The subtitled version usually keeps the experience authentic, but in this case I recommend the dubbed version. The voice over makes this wacky ride even wackier and works well as this flick is so over the top. Almost animated. Either way you should watch the trailer now and buy this DVD. It's worthy of adding to your collection. Also, I'm hearing a prequel is now in the works. YEAH-ER.

Labels: , , , , ,

6 Comments:
Blogger Keith said...
I just came across your blog. Wow! I love it. It's really awesome. Great write-up on this film. The trailer was cool. I definitely want to see this now. I just added it to my Netflix queue.

Blogger Brandon said...
I hadn't even heard of Tokyo Gore Police before I checked out your blog but now I have to try to find it. The reason I came to your blog today is because I wanted to see if you wanted to trade links with me. I have a blog called Demon Women (http://demonwomen.sensualwriter.com.
Please look it over and if your want to trade links just let me know.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Now this is hilarious, I just searched 'the daily grindhouse' to see if anyone else had used the name for a blog feature. But since you haven't updates for a while I'll still use it. Besides, I'm not using it to review exploitation flicks.

- Zacery

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Fotzen Cams

Nackte Amateure

Live Girls

Anonymous スタービーチ said...
やっぱり楽しい出会いならスタービーチ!探したい相手のプロフィールを検索して理想の相手を見つけよう!

第11回 ジャパンカップダート 2010 予想 オッズには抜け穴がある・・・現場スタッフによるデータ収集、さらに血統に関しても徹底して分析済み!出走馬の調整、展開を完全に読みきる!裏情報を独占公開


YOUR BLOG TITLE
The template is generated by freakin' Tommy P.
The best in exploitation cinema from kung-fu to horror to afrocentric. 70's style. Ya' stupid muthafucka!